Exploring east of Cadder Wharf on Stand Up Paddleboard the canal is surrounded by countryside heading into Kirkintilloch. We were so close to Glasgow and yet it felt like we were miles and miles away. This part of the canal is a little under-utilised and we found it was chocked with weeds as we got past the pontoon at the Stables so it is worth checking conditions before heading out.
The Main Points
- Location – Cadder Wharf, Glasgow, Scotland
- Cost – Free canal access with parking adjacent to the Cadder Wharf pontoon
- Conditions – Canal
- Other users – Some other paddlers (it’s becoming more popular), Walkers, runners and cyclists on tow path.
- Entry Point – Pontoon/jetty
- Surrounding amenities/Bathrooms- Bishopbriggs has cafes and shops and bathroom facilities